11/23/2004 12:06

posted Mar 25, 2011, 7:45 AM by Becca K.
Sigh...
 
Well Northwestern is expressing some doubts about Pat being a donor.  I called Children's and our surgeon still thinks that he is a good match and that we'd just use a different section (the entire left lobe).  This is commonly done.  However, we will need to do a CT scan of Natalie's liver to determine if she has enough room to hold the section Pat would be giving her.  Dr. Superina (our surgeon) wanted us to get there today.  Which, I was fine with, but the CT scanning scheduling won't allow it.  Actually, they can't get us in until Dec. 14.  But our surgeon will be on vacation then, so that won't work.
 
Basically I have no answers.  Only more questions.  I have calls put in to Children's Memorial.  Hopefully we'll know more by the end of today. 
 
As I was typing this Joan from CMH called to tell me that she's working on it. 
 
Comments