Yesterday was glorious.
Here are some of my most favorite parts, in no particular order:
1. Hearing the sound of a circular saw at 7am and knowing that my husband had finally finished the deck.
2. My Brother-In-Law having returned to us from Iraq on Thursday, seen sprinting down the sidewalk of their neighborhood as we pulled in. Apparently he had too much energy and told Mandy he could run 2 miles in under 15 minutes, or something like that.
3. My niece and nephew and cousin love ice chips because Natalie loves ice chips. Her response to the strange look from her uncle: “What? I’m a hospital kid.” Smile.
4. Not one child stepped in dog poop during the egg hunt.
5. My mother worked so very hard to ensure that everything about the egg hunt was fair and it paid off.
6. My mom made an apple pie and it was glorious.
7. My dad’s turkey was heavenly.
8. My daughter finished off the pan of cold, leftover cheesy potatoes as we drove home at 9pm. She fell asleep moments later.
9. I loved the “I can’t believe how tall she is getting.” “Look at that tall beauty!” comments. (Remember a time when so wasn’t even tall enough, nor did she weigh enough to be on the growth charts?)
10. The church was so beautiful and inspiring. The little girl that decided that she did not want to give Father her dollar was so cute, as was the little boy who offered up his snack food for the offering. There he was, no more than 2 year old, offering his cheerios to Father.
11. Standing around my sister’s kitchen, with my dad, my husband, my brother-in-law, and my cousin laughing a gut busting laugh for reasons I can no longer remember.
12. Knowing how very blessed I am.