3/15/2005 11:06

Post date: Feb 28, 2012 9:38:03 PM

Back in the hospital...

We came on Monday for a clinic appointment and we were admitted. Her LFTs climbed (total bilirubin went from 1.0 to 5.0).

We had an ultrasound last night and were supposed to have a biopsy this morning. But after her doctors looked and looked at her ultrasound they decided that it looks like there may be some sort of blockage in the biliary structure. So the biopsy for this morning was cancelled.

There is also a fear that there may be a narrowing at the site where my portal vein attached to her portal vein.

We will have a cholangiogram tomorrow. (Actually it's called a Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram.) She's had these done in the past. The only difference being if there is a blockage or narrowing she may have a tube placed that will collect fluid outside of her body - for up to 3 months.


This article has more info.