Organ Transplantation is like its own little world. And in this world a different language is spoken. Here, we offer some help in navigating the new world. Many of the links will take you to external sites.
- Biliary Atresia Articles
- Click to find out what is biliary atresia? (The Liver Disease Natalie was born with)
- Liver Families - Online support group for biliary atresia and other pediatric liver diseases and liver transplant.
- C.L.A.S.S. -Children's Liver Association For Support Services (C.L.A.S.S.).
Living Donor Resource
Our Transplant Center - http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/siragusa/default.aspx
Liver Transplant Program - http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/siragusa/livertrans/overview.aspx
Liver Team - http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/siragusa/livertrans/liverteam.aspx
Brilliant Surgeon - http://www.former-surgery.northwestern.edu/content/ShowMemberPage.asp?typ=faculty&mbr_ik=61
Portal Vein Hypertension
Surgical options - http://www.childrensmemorial.org/depts/siragusa/transplant-surgery/surgical-options.aspx
Video with our surgeon talking about the risks- http://www.childrensmemorial.org/media.aspx?media=28
Distal Splenorenal Shunt Procedure
1. C.L.A.S.S. - Children's Liver Association For Support Services
2. Liver Families :: Pediatric liver disease, biliary atresia and ...
Oh, oh, and how about some pictures!!!
Here is what living donor looks like: