A crazy busy, wonderful summer! And a medical update.
Post date: Jul 24, 2012 5:27:57 PM
I know, I know. I should write more.
But we're doing what we set out to do on February 9, 2005 (Transplant day). And that's to let Natalie live life the the FULLEST!
So what have we been up to?
How about a list!
Natalie's summer (so far) of 2012:
- Helped dad build a new bunny hutch.
- Went to Coco Key and rode the slides over, and over, and over, and over again.
- Played Sims. (Natalie is addicted.)
- Went for a run.
- Read books. Natalie is reading Dork Diaries currently.
- Gotten a new backpack and lunch tote for the first day of school.
- Gone shopping for a new outfit for the first day of school - it is less that one month away!
- Gone on ATV rides.
- Seen Brave at a drive in movie theater.
- Swam in Papa and Grandma's pool.
- Swam in Aunt Amy's pool.
- Begged Mom and Dad for a pool. Got shot down. Repeatedly.
- Swam in the swim team pool.
- Said good-bye to the beautiful foster daughter of Natalie's babysitter. (That one was by far the toughest thing of the summer. Natalie's little heart still hurts.)
- Gone to Camp Emmaus. Played 6 square.
- Became a daredevil at the carnival.
- Won her heat in breast stroke at the Pleasant Prairie WI swim meet!
- Went for a hike.
- Worked in the concession stand at baseball games to help raise money for swim team.
- And finally, gotten labs drawn:
- ALT = 38
- AST = 45
- GGT = 12
- Total Bili = 3.0; direct = 0.3
- ANC = 1390
- WBC = 2.9
- Platelet = 59
- Mag Ox = 1.5
The WBC, Platelets and Mag Ox do concern her team.
But they had not noted that she was off of the magnesium oxide.
Platelets and WBC could be a sign that the spleen is acting up. Or that her Portal Vein continues to be a snot. However, and a big however at that, if it were the Portal Vein, her GGT would be elevated. And her GGT is normal. Like normal, normal.
So we wait and see what her team says about her on Thursday and repeat labs in 4-6 weeks.
Don't forget to sign the guestbook.