SOC: Fortunate to be unfortunate
Post date: Jul 8, 2013 4:24:01 PM
Sometimes I feel like all I do is complain. I am lucky. I am blessed. I have no doubt that God loves me and has given me many blessings. But these past 2 weeks have been one unfortunate event after another. A series of unfortunate events if you will (and it just so happens that my niece Ava is reading that series right now).
2 weeks ago some electrical even happened. Lightning? ComEd electrical surge? Who knows? I am thinking lightning, since it happened right after a thunderstorm. There is power at the poll on the road, but only partial power at our house. So the ComEd guy, who is taller that my husband, brought in a transformer on wheels. And now the Transformers cartoon theme is in my head.
Then I hit a deer. Truthfully, it hit me. I had seen the deer and it’s friend/mom (I feel the need to give the deer a back story here) and slowed to around 10-20 miles an hour, but it kept coming.
And then I started the grill too close to the house and melted the siding. Ugh.
I think I have had it with my own series of unfortunate events. I am done. Yesterday at church a lady lectured me about the importance of being reverent to the Blessed Sacrament. I don’t think she was actually lecturing me, but she needed a venting post, a sounding board. She needed to express her frustration to someone, and I happened to be the person closest. She’s probably onto something, and now I need to pray on what to do with this because the conversation shook me to my core.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday (always a day late) post. Its five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post to Jana’s site – she came up with these SOC posts. http://janasthinkingplace.com/2013/07/stream-of-consciousness-sunday-a-week-of-mondays/
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.